Monday, June 2, 2008

About Don and Karlea



Don: Like Karlea, I am the oldest of four children. I teased by brothers and sister relentlessly when we were young, and now that we are older, they’ve teamed up for some revenge. Growing up, my family believed in working hard, laughing loud, and playing often. As a father, I am excited that I get to renew some of the traditions my parents started, including water skiing trips on the Colorado River, music lessons, hiking Half Dome in Yosemite, trips to science museums, Snow Skiing at Mammoth, Christmas with grandparents, and of course, surfing up and down the California coastline.

Karlea about Don: Don is a very calm and gentle man. He is a very patient person, and very slow to get upset about anything. He is extremely thoughtful of others’ feelings, especially mine. He is one of the most unselfish people I know. One of the things I love most about him is his willingness to say he’s sorry and do whatever it takes to keep peace in our home. He is an incredibly hardworking person, but he always puts his family first. I so appreciate that. Don likes to tease, and one of his favorite things to do after work is to chase Matthew and Connor around the house and tickle them. He spends every Saturday morning playing with the boys and making them breakfast. What a wonderful tradition for our children. Don’s greatest desire is to be a good husband and father. He is fun, and makes me laugh in every situation. He his thoughtful and is my very best friend. I am one very lucky girl!!

Karlea: I grew up the oldest of four girls. I have a wonderful relationship with each of my sisters and my parents. I had a very happy childhood, and was given many opportunities to learn and develop my talents. I spent many years figure skating, dancing, playing sports, and taking piano lessons. I’ve lived many places in my life, which may explain my fondness for traveling and seeing new things. I lived in Canada for 8 years where I learned to speak French. I love to learn new things, and loved being in school. I attended BYU where I earned a B.A. degree in advertising and minors in Business and French. I continue to learn so many things by being a wife and mother.

Don about Karlea: Karlea is one of those gifted people who seems to perfect anything she tries with ease. Five years ago when we received our first son, I wasn’t quite sure what to do as a father, but Karlea took on motherhood as though she had been doing it all of her life. Karlea is a naturally talented mother who leaves the boys and I spoiled rotten! Karlea is loving, smart, out-going, competitive, on the ball, and perpetually out taking care of friends and family. She is really cute when she gets all fired up over someone she knows being treated poorly. Everyone who knows Karlea loves hers (almost as much as I do!).

No comments: